105.Last Minute Errand
105.緊急任務
"Oh what are you groaning about?
"你在抱怨什么呢?
I wrote all of the graduation announcements and organized the whole graduation party.
這些畢業請柬都是我寫的,整個畢業晚會也是我組織的。
All you have to do is go to the grocery store at the last minute to pick up some drinks." Marge said to her husband, Bill.
你要做的事只是在最后一分鐘去雜貨店弄一些飲料來。"瑪吉對丈夫比爾說。
Bill decided to grin and bear it. "All right, all right! Just give me the grocery list and I'll go!"
比爾決定苦笑忍受算了。"行啦,行啦!把購物單給我,我這就去!"
Marge handed the list to Bill and greased his palms with some money.
瑪吉把清單給了比爾,往他手里塞了些錢。
"But hurry up with the grocery shopping! We can't be late to the graduation ceremony.
"可你得快點買這些食品!這個畢業典禮我們可不能遲到。
It's being held in the grand auditorium at 2:00!"
下午兩點就要在大禮堂舉行了!"
At the store Bill bumped into Jack in the greeting card section.
在雜貨店比爾在賀卡區碰到了杰克。
Even though their kids were the same age and had grown up together, Jack's daughter was not graduating.
雖然他們的孩子同齡而且是一起長大的,杰克的女兒還沒有畢業。
She had failed her final exams.
她沒有通過期末考試。
"Oh hi, Jack!" Bill said uncomfortably.
"嗨,杰克!"比爾不安地打著招呼。
"Hi Bill," Jack said. "How's the graduation going?"
"嗨,比爾!"杰克說。"畢業的事進行得怎么樣了?"
"Too much to do in too little time!"
"時間太緊而事情太多! "
"Well. I'll be there next year!" Jack replied with a face that showed he was green with envy.
"是啊,明年我也會趕上的!"杰克回答道,臉上流露出十分羨慕的表情。
"I hope my daughter will grow out of her rebelliousness to pass those tests next time!"
"我希望我女兒將長大懂事,下次考試能順利通過!"
"Yeah. We all hope so! See ya later!" Bill said as be left.
是的,我們都希望如此!回頭見!"比爾說著離開了。
Back at home Bill told Marge about seeing Jack.
回到家比爾把看到杰克的事跟瑪吉說了。
"Yeah it was awful, Bill said.
是挺難為情的,比爾說。
"Jack was clearly depressed. Normally he's so jolly he's like a big grizzly bear.
"杰克明顯有些沮喪。平常他總是樂呵呵的, 像只大灰熊。
I hope for his sake that his daughter passes next year!"
真希望看在他的份上,他女兒下次考試能通過!"
"Me too. Oh, look at the time. We're going to be late. Hurry!"
"我也希望是這樣。啊,看這時間。我們要遲到了。快點!"