69.Get Going!
69.趕快趕路!
"Don't drag your feet, cowboy! We have to go now!"
"別拖拖拉拉的,放牛娃!我們得走啦!"
the sheriff said as he drew back on his horse to match the pace of the man he was pulling.
縣治安官說,他騎著馬退回來以適應他牽著的那個人的步伐。
"If you don't move I'll draw a bead on your forehead and forget this whole business of taking you back alive?"
如果你不動,我就瞄準你的前額,徹底忘了把你活著帶回去的事?
The prisoner drew a blank in his attempt to escape, stood up and dragged on.
犯人企圖逃跑的計劃失敗了,他站起來慢慢吞吞地走著。
He was getting tired, having already walked for two hours behind the sherif's horse.
由于跟在縣治安官的馬后面走了兩個小時,他開始覺得累了。
"Walking in the hot sun will drain off a man's energy, Sheriff," he said.
"在這么大的太陽下走路會逐漸耗盡人的力氣的,長官。"他說。
"Well, then,like I said, how about I draw a line in the sand?
"那好,像我說的那樣,我在沙子里劃一條線怎么樣?
If you step over it, I'll do us both a favor and shoot you right here."
如果你跨過這條線, 我就給我們兩人都行個方便,就在這里把你干掉拉倒。"
"Aw, don't draw any conclusions about me wanting to die just yet, Sheriff.
"哎呀,別得出我想死的結論,長官。
And don't draw the line yet either!
您先別劃線了!
I want to live just as much as you do!
我跟你一樣就想活著!
And as I told you, those other crooks drew me into this whole mess.
正如我跟你所說,是那些壞蛋誘使我弄成這樣一團糟的。
I'm innocent and my life has never been dramatized by anyone as being unlawful.
我是無辜的, 我一生中還沒有因為犯法而被別人戲劇化。
You're the one drawing this all out by making me walk.
你是唯一讓我走路引出這一大堆事的人。
So just draw off your guns, untie my wrists and give me my horse!"
所以你盡管放下你的槍,把我的手腕松開,把馬還給我!"
"Hmmm. How about I draw lots to help me decide what to do? Not!" the sheriff said with a laugh.
"嗯……我用柚簽的辦法幫我決定怎么辦如何?不!"縣治安官笑著說。
Then he drew aside the prisoner and kicked him to the ground.
接著他把犯人拉到一邊,然后把他踢倒在地。
The prisoner had to draw on all of his patience not to rush the Sheriff.
犯人只能用全部耐心不去催縣治安官。
So instead, as he rose slowly,he drew away from the horse.
因此他反而慢慢站起來,迅速離開了那匹馬。
He didn't want to make matters worse.
他不想把事情弄得更糟。
And then he did his best to walk faster.
然后他竭盡全力盡量走得快一點。