68.Dorm Food
68.食堂的伙食
Nothing brings a student down-to-earth like dorm food!
沒有什么能像食堂伙食那樣讓學生從幻想中清醒過來!
I remember eating some slop one time that was dotted with purple polka dots!
我記得有一次吃過一些半流汁食物,上面點綴著紫色的斑斑點點!
Really! I should have known that I would come down with a bug from it afterwards.
是真的!我早該知道吃完之后會生病的。
I threw up all over my down jacket and spent the next few days laid up in my dorm room!
結果吐得羽絨服上到處都是,接下來的幾天只能在宿舍的房間里躺著!
My dorm supervisor thought I was faking.
宿舍管理員還以為我是在裝病。
He thought I stayed in bed because I was down on my luck with women.
他認為我躺在床上是因為被女人甩了而感到沮喪。
That helped a lot when he said that... it sent me even further down in the dumps.
他那樣說還真管用……他的話使我更加悶悶不樂起來。
As I lay in bed those days, down in the mouth, however, I came up with a draft plan for keeping my emotions from going further down the drain!
可是,就在那些天我躺在床上、垂頭喪氣的時候,我制訂出了一個草案,不讓自己浪費更多的感情!
I would start a petition to improve dorm food!
我要開始正式請求改善食堂伙食!
There was nothing else to waste time on!
我沒有別的事情可浪費時間!
No girlfriend! Studies were light this semester!
沒有女朋友!這個學期的學習也很輕松!
I dozed off each night dreaming of my revenge!
每天晚上我都會打盹兒,夢見我在復仇!
When I recovered from being so down and out I put my plan into action.
等到我從衰弱無力中恢復過來,我便開始實施我的計劃。
It was fun. I put up signs, talked to new people, and made a lot of chaos.
這樣做很有意思。我貼標語,找人談話、制造了許多混亂。
I attracted all the down-to-earth people also interested in having better food in the dorms.
我吸引了所有那些很現實的人, 他們也對改進食堂伙食感興趣。
One hippy girl made me double back after I passed her.
從一個豐滿女孩身邊走過之后,我又循原路折回。
How could hippy girls look so good?
臀部豐滿的女孩怎么會看上去那么有魅力?
We started dating several days later.
幾天之后我們開始約會了。
Needless to say, that was also the end of my fix-dorm-food campaign.
不用說,我的改善食堂伙食運動也就此結束了。
Dorm food still sucks! I think it always will.
食堂伙食還是那么讓人惡心,我想它會永遠讓人惡心。