66.Stay-at-Home Dad
66.家庭主男
I'm a stay-at-home dad!
我是一個家庭主男!
It's more work than I ever thought it would be, really!
說真的,家里的活比我想像的可多多啦!
But I'm doing my utmost to do it well!
不過我在盡最大努力做好家務事!
Now I have to do the cooking, do the dishes, do the kitchen, keep the house clean,all that stuff.
現在我得做飯、洗碗、收拾廚房、打掃房間,盡干些諸如此類的事情。
I'm still not good at doing the laundry though; my wife does that in the evening.
但我還是不太會洗衣服,這事由我妻子晚上去做。
But it's not as if she was doing me a favor!
不過她洗衣服不像是幫我的忙!
It's because I don't do well with the washing machine and she doesn't want me to wreck her clothes.
因為我不會用洗衣機,而她不想讓我毀壞她的衣服。
She tried to teach me how to do the trick,but I always did something wrong when I did the washing.
她曾試過教我學會那種技巧,可我一洗衣服就出錯。
My wife even had to throw away a couple articles of clothing.
妻子甚至不得不扔掉一兩件衣服。
My favorite part of the day is when I do some errands.
一天中我最髙興的時候是做一些跑腿兒的事情。
This is when I get out of the house.
因為這時我可以離開家。
But I'm not like my wife, I don't have to do myself up like she does.
但我不像我妻子,不用像她那樣打扮自己。
I just go out as I am.
我平時什么樣,出去還是什么樣。
But it does me some good each day to get some fresh air.
不過每天出去呼吸一些新鮮空氣對我有好處。
I think staying at home all day, every day would do to death of me!
我認為整天待在家里、每天待在家里會煩死我的!
But I really like being around my kids more.
但我真的很喜歡待在孩子們身邊。
I don't know what to do with them sometimes, but we always figure something out.
有時候我不知道怎樣對付他們,但我們總是能想出一些辦法來。
And they love it!
而他們喜歡這樣!
I think it does them proud to see their dad finally spending so much time at home and with them.
我認為他們覺得很有面了,因為爸爸終于花那么多時間在家陪伴他們。
Now if I am to do it over, that will be fine by me.
如果讓我再做一遍,我也會很愿意的。
Just so long as it isn't always this way!
只要不讓我永遠這樣!