46.Another Try
46.再試一次
When Gavin caught up to Michelle, he stopped first to catch his breath.
當加文追上米歇爾的時候,他首先停下來喘了口氣。
"Michelle, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that! You caught me on the wrong foot!"
"米歇爾,對不起。我不是故意那么說的!你給我來了個措手不及!
"What, you don't say offensive things every day?"
什么,你不是每天說得罪人的話嗎?
"No. No. I've really changed for the better.
不,不。我是真的有所改進。
Really, I don't cater to the whims of my old friends any more.
真的,我不在迎合那些老朋友的心血來潮的想法了。
I don't smoke, drink, swear or take drugs.
我不抽煙,不喝酒,不罵人,也不吸毒。
I've cleaned up, really.
我把壞毛病全都給改了,是真的。
Now I just want to be with you."
我現在只想跟你在一起。
He stopped, paused and then continued, " We caught a glimpse of how good our relationship could be this morning at breakfast.
他停下來,歇了一會兒繼續(xù)說道,”今天早晨吃早飯的時候,我們看見了我們的關系可能有多好。
Please, look around you, the leaves are changing color, there's chamber music in the air.
請你看一看你的周圍,樹葉在變顏色,空氣中飄動著室內樂。
It's a beautiful day.
這是一個多么美好的日子。
Let's walk a little and paint castles in the sky, talk and dream about the good life."
我們散散步,做做白日夢,說一說,想一想美好的生活。
As Michelle stoppedd to listen she did hear music.
米歇爾停下來聽了聽,還真的聽到了音樂。
And it was a beautiful day.
這是個令人愉快的日子。
He had caught her on the nail.
他立即把她抓住了。
She decided to cave in and give Gavin another chance.
她決定投降,再給加文一次機會。
"Well that maple tree really does catch people's eye, doesn't it? It almost looks like it's catching fire!"
那棵楓樹真的引人注目,對吧?它差不多看上去就像是著了火!
Gavin smiled and caught on to her skirt.
加文笑了。他抓住她的裙子。
"Yes. Here wear my jacket so that you don't catch cold."
是的。來,穿上我的夾克,免得你著涼。
Michelle took the jacket and wrapped it around herself.
米歇爾拿著夾克把自己過了起來。
Gavin put his arm around her and they walked down the path.
加文擁抱著她,兩人一起沿小路走去。
"And if we walk around this corner we can just catch sight of the prettiest lake in the park."
“拐過這個彎我們就能看見公園最美的湖。”
"Ohhh." said Michelle as she saw the lake.
“啊……”米歇爾說,她看見了那個湖。
Central Park truly was beautiful in the fall.
秋天的中央公園真是漂亮。
"Okay. We'll give in another try." she said.
“好的,我們再試一次。”她說。