Briefly summarize the problem the professors are discussing.
請簡單概括一下教授們正在討論的問題。
Then state which of the two solutions form the conversation you would recommend.
然后說明對話里兩種解決方案中你會推薦哪一種。
Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
并解釋原因。
Listen to a conversation between two English professors.
請聽下面兩位英語教授之間的對話。
Man: Hi, Nancy, is something that matter?
男:你好,Nancy,出什么事兒了嗎?
Woman: Oh, I just realized that I've got a scheduling conflict tomorrow.
女:哦,我突然發現明天我的日程有時間沖突。
Man: What is it?
男:什么沖突?
Woman: Well, the poetry class I'm teaching meets at 4 o' clock.
女:嗯...我教的詩歌課明天四點鐘有課。
My students have a test next week so tomorrow's class is the review session. It's important.
我的學生下周有一次測驗,所以明天的課是個復習講習會,非常重要。
Man: OK?
男:還有呢?
Woman: The other thing is my cousin's retirement party.
女:還有一件事就是我親戚的退休派對。
But I just realized it also starts at 4 o' clock.
但是我才發現這個派對正好也是四點鐘開始。
I haven't realized it was starting at the exact same time as my class.
之前我一直沒發現它和我的課開始的時間完全一樣。
Man: Oh, no! Well, I'm free tomorrow at 4, if you want, I could cover your class for you. Lead the review session.
男:不是吧!嗯...明天四點我正好沒事兒,如果你愿意的話,我可以幫你代課,帶著學生們復習。
Woman: Really? What a generous offer!
女:真的嗎?你太好了!
Man: I wouldn't mind. I mean, I haven't taught poetry in a few years. I am a little rusty.
男:沒事兒。不過我已經好幾年沒教過詩歌了,有點生疏。
Woman: Well, I have some materials prepared and you could certainly use them.
女:嗯...我有準備一些資料,你完全可以用的。
So it might be tough but you could do it.
這樣雖然有些困難,但是我相信你沒問題的。
Man: I'll try anyway.
男:不管怎樣我試試吧。
Woman: Well, my other option is to go to the class.
女:嗯...其實我也可以選擇去上課。
Do the review session myself and arrive late at the retirement party.
自己帶學生們復習,然后晚一點再去退休派對。
Man: So you could prepare your students for the test yourself.
男:這樣你就可以自己帶著學生們準備考試了。
Woman: I could and I know it'd be good for my students.
女:是啊,而且我知道對我的學生來說這樣最好。
It's just that I'd miss a lot of the party.
只是我會錯過派對上的很多事情。
My cousin and some others are giving speeches and I think it'll be really interesting. It'll be a shame to miss it.
我的親戚和其他人會發表一些感言,我想一定會很有意思的。要是錯過了就太遺憾了。