Now listen to two students discussing the article.
請聽下面兩位學生討論這篇文章。
Woman: Oh, no, did you see this?
女:不是吧。你看過這篇文章了嗎?
Man: Yeah, why? You don't like the idea?
男:看過了啊,怎么了?你不喜歡這個想法嗎?
Woman: Not at all!
女:一點兒也不喜歡!
Man: How come?
男:為什么?
Woman: Well, the cost, for one thing, they are just not being realistic.
女:首先就是費用問題,他們一點兒也不現實。
Man: Even compare to the price of textbooks?
男:即使和教材的價錢相比還是很貴嗎?
Woman: Well, sure, textbooks aren't cheap, but do you think people are only gonna use one device the whole time they are at university?
女:當然了,雖然教材也不便宜,但是你覺得大家在學校期間只會需要一臺設備嗎?
What happens if yours breaks? You have to buy a new one.
如果設備壞了怎么辦?那你就不得不再買臺新的了。
Or they come out with some fancy new features. Wouldn't you want to get a new one then?
或者,又出新款了呢?你不會想換臺新的嗎?
Man: Yeah, I see what you mean. A lot of people would probably want to replace theirs with the latest version.
男:嗯,我知道你的意思。很多人可能會想換新款。
Woman: Right! Maybe even every year and that can add up.
女:沒錯!也許他們甚至一年換一次新款,這些花費加起來數字可不小啊。
Man: True, but, don't you agree it'll make studying and preparing for classes a lot easier?
男:確實。但是你不覺得有了這些設備,學習和課堂準備都會簡單得多嗎?
Woman: I don't think everybody is gonna think it's so great.
女:我覺得不是每個人都會認為它很棒的。
Man: What do you mean?
男:怎么說呢?
Woman: Well. , it's only helpful if it's easy to use and, well, this thing is pretty small. It's only about 18 or 20 centimeters tall.
女:嗯...這個設備只有在使用方法簡單的情況下才有幫助吧。你看,它其實挺小的,長度只有18或者20厘米左右。
Man: Oh, really? So that means the screen's pretty small.
男:真的嗎?那這樣屏幕就很小了。
Woman: Right, and I heard that the key pad or control buttons, they are small, too.
女:沒錯,而且我聽說鍵盤和按鍵也都很小。
So if you have normal-sized fingers, it's not so easy to select an item or get it to function right, you know, to do stuff like highlighting or underlining.
如果手指大小正常的話,要選對圖標或者正確操作可不容易,你知道的,比如標重點或者畫線什么的。
Man: I hadn't thought of that.
男:我還沒想到這點呢。
Woman: So what good are all those fancy features if it's hard to use them?
女:所以說如果操作這么困難的話,要那些花里胡哨的功能有什么用?
Besides, I like the old-fashioned way of studying material: writing notes on the page and underlining or highlighting important sections of the book.
而且,我更喜歡傳統的學習方式:在書上做筆記,把書里重要的部分標出來或者畫線。
I'm more comfortable with that.
我覺得這樣更舒服。