1.And when the snowy afternoon came, Jo resolved to try what could be done. She saw Mr. Lawrence drive off, and then sallied out to dig her way down to the hedge, where she paused and took a survey.
【句子翻譯】這天下午雪花飄落時,喬決定采取行動。她看到勞倫斯先生坐車出了門,便開始挖路,一直挖到樹籬邊,這才停下來望望。
【難句解析】resolved to do sth.“決心做某事”;drive off“驅散,擊退,趕走”;
He resolved to succeed .
他決心要取得成功。
I was about to drive off when I saw this huge lorry bearing down on me.
我正要驅車離開時,看到這輛大卡車氣勢洶洶地向我沖來。
2."There he is," thought Jo, "Poor boy! All alone and sick this dismal day. It's a shame! I'll toss up a snowball and make him look out, and then say a kind word to him."
【句子翻譯】喬拋出一捧軟綿綿的雪花,樓上的人馬上轉過頭來,臉上無精打采的神情一掃而光,大眼睛閃閃發亮,嘴角露出笑意。喬點點頭笑了,揮舞著手中的掃帚叫道—-
【難句解析】toss up“擲、扔”;
Let's toss up a penny for the chance to go first.
我們擲一枚一便士的硬幣來決定誰先去。
Who's going to cook tonight? Let's toss up.
今晚誰做飯? 咱們擲硬幣決定吧。
3."How do you do? Are you sick?" Laurie opened the window, and croaked out as hoarsely as a raven . . .
【難句解析】“你好嗎?是不是病了?”勞里打開窗,像個渡鴉般嘶啞著嗓子答道--
【句子翻譯】as...as...“和...一樣”;
Sam is as rich as Alexander.
山姆像亞歷山大一樣富有。
He has earned as much money as I have.
他賺的錢和我賺的一樣多。
4."I'm sorry. What do you amuse yourself with?"
【難句解析】“真遺憾。有什么消遣嗎?”
【句子翻譯】amuse sb. with sth.“以...取樂”;
I often amuse myself with reading.
我常以讀書自樂。
He could amuse us for hours with his stories of the theater.
他能接連幾小時地為我們講戲劇故事逗我們發笑。