I have just returned from a visit to my landlord,Mr Heathcliff.
我剛剛拜訪我的房東希斯克利夫先生回來。
I am delighted with the house I am renting from him.
我喜歡從他那兒租來的那座房子。
Thrushcross Grange is miles away from any town or village.That suits me perfectly.
畫眉山莊無論離哪個村鎮都有數英里之遙,正合我的心意。
And the scenery here in Yorkshire is so beautiful!
約克郡這兒的風景太美了!
Mr Heathcliff,in fact,is my only neighbour,and I think his character is similar to mine.
希斯克利夫先生實際上是我唯一的鄰居,并且我覺得他的性情與我相仿。
He does not like people either.
他也不喜歡人群。
‘My name is Lockwood,’I said,when I met him at the gate to his house.‘I'm renting Thrushcross Grange from you.
在通向他房子的院門前我見到了他。“我姓洛克伍德,”我說道,“我租用著您的畫眉山莊。
I just wanted to come and introduce myself."
我是來同您打個招呼的。”
He said nothing,but frowned,and did not encourage me to enter.
他沒說話,卻皺了一下眉頭,不太愿意讓我進去。
After a while,however,he decided to invite me in.
但呆了一會兒又決定請我進屋。