I gotta tell ya,
不得不說
I was shocked to hear that Fontana's "Monsoon No.2"
看到方塔納的"二號季風"
was on the block.
出現在拍賣會我很驚訝
Patrick.
帕特里克
Now why are you offering this up to these vultures, huh?
你怎么會把這個拿出來讓給那些吸血鬼呢
I mean, you love this piece. - Yes, I do.
你可愛這幅畫了 -對的
But the truth is we're, um...
但是事實是我家里
we're having financial troubles.
我們的資金出問題了
And now that Conrad's had to step down from office...
現在康拉德不得不放棄競選
Why didn't you say something?
你怎么不公布呢
You're going to think me shallow,
我這樣說你可能會覺得我膚淺
but the world I live in,
但在我生活的那個世界
if they sense this vulnerability,
如果別人察覺到你的弱點
they will use it as a weapon.
他們會利用它當做對付你的武器
So... I part with the things I love.
所以 我和我所愛之物分離
Still not an easy sacrifice to make, right?
依舊不容易放手 是吧
It's easier than some others.
比其他一些容易
Well, quite frankly,
坦白說
the final chance to see this piece
我并不是為了
is not why I came by.
來看這幅畫最后一眼
Well, that's why I chose the Fontana--
所以我才選方塔納的這幅畫
because I knew you'd come.
因為我知道你會來
Never doubt those instincts of yours.
永遠不要懷疑你的直覺
You know, they're always spot on.
說真的 它們一直很準
I know that my daughter came to see you,
我知道我女兒去找過你
and it says a lot about her.
說明她也知道不少
and it says a lot about you for protecting her.
也說明你幫我保護著她
It's okay.
舉手之勞