Then I did some missionary work overseas
我在海外傳教了一段時間
before being assigned to St. Francis.
然后被指派到舊金山教會
That's quite a radical shift from the corporate life.
從上班族變成神父 可真是很大的轉變
Why did you do it?
為什么選擇這么做呢
Well, I was there for the David Clarke scandal.
我轉任神職是因為大衛·克拉克丑聞
And when he died in prison,
他死于獄中的消息
it really hit me what greed can do to a soul.
令我感觸到貪念對靈魂的摧毀力
So I looked out my office window and all the way uptown,
我透過辦公室的窗戶 眺望整個城市
and I knew that there were millions of souls
意識到雖然我救不了大衛·克拉克
on the street, tormented, that I could help
但我還可以幫助街上
in ways that I hadn't helped him.
數以百萬計飽受煎熬的靈魂
So I quit Grayson Global, joined the seminary,
所以我從格雷森國際辭職 報讀了神學院
And ten years later, here we are.
十年以后 就是現在這樣了
I'm sorry. I heard about your father's Huntington's diagnosis.
聽說你父親罹患亨廷頓氏癥 我深表遺憾
How are your parents holding up?
你父母還好吧
Well, as good as could be expected, I guess.
我想還算不錯吧
I take it you're not in touch with them anymore.
你和他們斷絕聯系了嗎
They weren't exactly happy with my exit from the firm.
他們因為我辭職的事不太高興
Well, since you're officiating,
既然你要主持我的婚禮
maybe this was meant to be.
看來你們不得不再碰面了
- Hey, Father, do you-- do you mind? - Oh, go ahead.
-神父 你介意我... -去吧
T-try her out, take her out for a test drive,
試走一遍過場
see how she feels.
看看感覺怎么樣
My gut tells me you aren't the girl
直覺告訴我你不是
that dreamt of a big church wedding.
那種喜歡盛大的教堂婚禮的女孩