'Harry Potter freed Dobby!' said the elf shrilly, gazing up at Harry, moonlight from the nearest window reflected in his orb-like eyes.
“哈利·波特解放了多比!”小精靈用刺耳的尖聲說道,抬頭望著哈利,月光從最近的一扇窗戶灑進來,映照著他圓鼓鼓的眼睛,
'Harry Potter set Dobby free!'
“哈利·波特使多比獲得了自由!”
'Least I could do, Dobby,' said Harry, grinning.
“我沒做什么,多比,”哈利咧著嘴笑了,說道,
'Just promise never to try and save my life again.'
“你答應我,別再試圖來保護我了。”
The elf's ugly brown face split suddenly into a wide, toothy smile.
小精靈丑陋的棕紅色臉上突然綻開一個燦爛的微笑,露出滿口牙齒。
'I've just got one question, Dobby,' said Harry, as Dobby pulled on Harry's sock with shaking hands.
“我只有一個問題,多比,”當多比用顫抖的手穿上哈利的襪子時,哈利說道,
'You told me all this had nothing to do with, He Who Must Not Be Named, remember? Well'
“你曾經告訴我,這一切都與那個連名字都不能提的人無關,記得嗎?可是——”
'It was a clue, sir,' said Dobby, his eyes widening, as though this was obvious.
“這是一個暗示,先生,”多比的眼睛睜得更大了,就好像這是不言而喻的似的,

'Dobby was giving you a clue.
“多比在給你一個暗示。
The Dark Lord, before he changed his name, could be freely named, you see?'
黑魔頭在他更名改姓之前,是可以提名字的,他的名字可以隨便使用,明白了嗎?”
'Right,' said Harry weakly. 'Well, I'd better go.
“明白了,”哈利勉強地說,“好吧,我得走了。
There's a feast, and my friend Hermione should be awake by now...'
他們在開宴會呢,我的朋友赫敏也該蘇醒過來了……”
Dobby threw his arms around Harry's middle and hugged him.
多比伸出雙臂,抱住哈利的腰,緊緊地摟了他一下。
'Harry Potter is greater by far than Dobby knew!' he sobbed. 'Farewell, Harry Potter!'
“哈利·波特比多比原先知道的還要偉大!”他啜泣著說道,“別了,哈利·波特!”
And with a final loud crack, Dobby disappeared.
多比嗓子眼里又發出一個很響的哽咽聲,隨后便消失了。