1、declare
宣稱,聲稱(…為事實);表明(態度、意圖等)
Speaking outside Ten Downing Street, she declared that she would fight on.
她在英國首相官邸外發表講話時宣稱她將繼續斗爭下去。
'I'm absolutely thrilled to have done what I've done,' he declared.
他宣稱道:“我為自己的所作所為感到興奮不已?!?/p>
宣布;宣告
The government is ready to declare a permanent ceasefire.
政府準備宣布永久性?;?。
His lawyers are confident that the judges will declare Mr Stevens innocent.
史蒂文斯先生的律師們確信法官將宣告他無罪。
申報(納稅品、收入等)
Your income must be declared on this form.
必須在這張表格上申報你的收入。
She had nothing to declare, and was starting to go through the 'Green' channel when she was stopped.
她沒有什么要申報的,便開始進入綠色通道,結果就在這時被攔住了。
2、respect
尊敬;敬重;尊重
I want him to respect me as a career woman.
我希望他把我當作一個職業女性來尊重。
He needs the advice of people he respects, and he respects you.
他需要從他敬重的人那里獲得建議,而他一向都很敬重你。
尊重;遵守;遵從;顧及
They will campaign for the return of traditional lands and respect for aboriginal rights and customs.
他們會爭取討回世代相傳的土地,并要求尊重土著居民的權利和風俗。
恕我直言,恕我冒昧(用于禮貌地表示不同意見或批評)
With respect, Minister, you still haven't answered my question.
部長,恕我冒昧,您還沒有回答我的問題。
With respect, I hardly think that's the point.
恕我直言,但我認為這不是重點。