"Yeah," came the deep grunt of Crabbe from his right.
“沒事兒。”他右邊傳來克拉布聲音渾厚的咕噥。
Harry unlocked his door and stepped in front of the cracked mirror.
哈利打開門鎖,站到裂了縫的鏡子前面。
Goyle stared back at him out of dull, deep-set eyes. Harry scratched his ear. So did Goyle.
高爾用呆滯的、深陷的眼睛回望著他。哈利搔了搔耳朵,高爾也做得分毫不差。
Ron's door opened. They stared at each other.
羅恩的門開了,他們互相瞪著對方。
Except that he looked pale and shocked, Ron was indistinguishable from Crabbe, from the pudding-basin haircut to the long, gorilla arms.
羅恩活脫脫就是克拉布的翻版,從那短短的鍋底發型到長長的大猩猩般的手臂,只是臉色顯得蒼白而惶恐。
"This is unbelievable," said Ron, approaching the mirror and prodding Crabbe's flat nose. "Unbelievable."
“真令人難以置信,”羅恩說著,走到鏡子面前,戳了戳克拉布的塌鼻子,“難以置信。”
"We'd better get going," said Harry, loosening the watch that was cutting into Goyle's thick wrist.
“我們趕緊走吧,”哈利說,一邊松開勒住高爾粗手腕的手表,
"We've still got to find out where the Slytherin common room is, I only hope we can find someone to follow..."
“我們還得弄清斯萊特林的公共休息室在哪里,真希望我們能找一個人可以跟著……”
Ron, who had been gazing at Harry, said, "You don't know how bizarre it is to see Goyle thinking."
羅恩一直注視著哈利,這時說道:“看到高爾居然在思考,你不知道這有多么古怪。”
He banged on Hermione's door. "C'mon, we need to go..."
他砰砰地敲著赫敏的門。“快點,我們得走了……”
A high-pitched voice answered him. "I—I don't think I'm going to come after all. You go on without me."
一個尖尖的聲音回答他道:“我——我實在不想出來了。你們自己去吧。”
"Hermione, we know Millicent Bulstrode's ugly, no one's going to know it's you."
“赫敏,我們知道米里森長得很丑,誰也不會知道是你。”
"No—really—I don't think I'll come. You two hurry up, you're wasting time."
“不行——真的不行——我想我不能來了。你們倆趕緊行動,你們在浪費時間。”
Harry looked at Ron, bewildered. "That looks more like Goyle," said Ron. "That's how he looks every time a teacher asks him a question."
哈利望著羅恩,一臉的困惑。 “這樣就更像高爾了,”羅恩說道,“每當老師向他提問時,他總是這副表情。”
"Hermione, are you OK?" said Harry through the door.
“赫敏,你沒事兒吧?”哈利隔著門問道。
"Fine—I'm fine... Go on—"
“沒事兒——我很好……走吧——”
Harry looked at his watch. Five of their precious sixty minutes had already passed.
哈利看了看手表。他們寶貴的六十分鐘已經過去了五分鐘。
"We'll meet you back here, all right?" he said.
“我們還回這里和你見面,好嗎?”他說。
Harry and Ron opened the door of the bathroom carefully, checked that the coast was clear and set off.
哈利和羅恩小心地打開盥洗室的門,看清了四下里沒有人,便出發了。
"Don't swing your arms like that," Harry muttered to Ron.
“別那么晃悠你的胳膊。”哈利小聲對羅恩說。
"Eh?"
“怎么啦?”
"Crabbe holds them sort of stiff..."
“克拉布的胳膊有些僵硬……”
"How's this?"
“這樣怎么樣?”
"Yeah, that's better."
“啊,好多了。”
They went down the marble staircase.
他們走下大理石階梯。