Harry tried to understand this but it made his head pound, so he stopped.
哈利努力思索著這段話,但這使他的頭又劇烈地疼痛起來,他只好不往下想了。
"And sir, there's one more thing..."
“對了,先生,還有最后一個問題……”
"Just the one?"
“是最后一個嗎?”
"How did I get the Stone out of the mirror?"
“我是怎么把魔法石從魔鏡里拿出來的?”
"Ah, now, I'm glad you asked me that.
“啊,我很高興你終于問我這件事了。
It was one of my more brilliant ideas,
這是我的錦囊妙計之一,
and between you and me, that's saying something.
牽涉到你和我之間的默契,這是很了不起的。
You see, only one who wanted to find the Stone —
你知道嗎,只有那個希望找到魔法石——
find it, but not use it — would be able to get it,
找到它,但不利用它——的人,才能夠得到它;
otherwise they'd just see themselves making gold or drinking Elixir of Life.
其他的人呢,就只能在鏡子里看到他們在撈金子發財,或者喝長生不老藥延長生命。
My brain surprises even me sometimes....
我的腦瓜真是好使,有時候我自己也感到吃驚呢……
Now, enough questions.
好了,問題問得夠多的了。
I suggest you make a start on these sweets.
我建議你開始享受這些糖果吧。
Ah! Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans!
啊!比比多味豆!
I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomitflavored one,
我年輕的時候真倒霉,不小心吃到一顆味道臭烘烘的豆子,
and since then I'm afraid I've rather lost my liking for them —
恐怕從那以后,我就不怎么喜歡吃豆子了——
but I think I'll be safe with a nice toffee, don't you?"
不過我想,選一顆太妃糖口味的總是萬無一失的,你說呢?”
He smiled and popped the golden-brown bean into his mouth.
他笑著把那顆金棕色的豆子丟進嘴里。
Then he choked and said, "Alas! Ear wax!"
接著他嗆得喘不過氣來,說:“呸,倒霉!是耳屎!”