After a good night's sleep, Harry felt nearly back to normal.
哈利踏踏實實地一覺睡到天亮,覺得元氣差不多恢復了。
I want to go to the feast," he told Madam Pomfrey as she straightened his many candy boxes.
“我想去參加宴會,”當龐弗雷夫人整理他的一大堆糖果盒時,
I can, can't I?"
哈利對她說道,“可不可以啊?”
"Professor Dumbledore says you are to be allowed to go," she said stiffily,
“鄧布利多教授說允許你去。”她不以為然地說。
as though in her opinion Professor Dumbledore didn't realize how risky feasts could be.
似乎在她看來,鄧布利多教授并沒有認識到宴會具有潛在的危險。
"And you have another visitor."
“又有人來看你了。”
"Oh, good," said Harry. "Who is it?"
“噢,太好了,”哈利說,“是誰?”
Hagrid sidled through the door as he spoke.
他話音未落,海格就側著身子鉆進門來。
As usual when he was indoors, Hagrid looked too big to be allowed.
海格每次走進房門,就顯得像個龐然大物。
He sat down next to Harry, took one look at him, and burst into tears.
他在哈利身旁坐下,看了他一眼,就傷心地哭了起來。
"It's — all — my — ruddy — fault!" he sobbed, his face in his hands.
“都——怪我——這個——笨蛋!”他用手捂著臉哭泣著,“
I told the evil git how ter get past Fluffy!I told him!
是我告訴那個惡棍怎樣制服路威的!是我告訴他的!
It was the only thing he didn't know, an' I told him! Yeh could've died!
他什么都知道了,就是不知道這個,而我偏偏告訴了他!你差點就沒命了!
All fer a dragon egg! I'll never drink again!
都是為了一只龍蛋!我再也不喝酒了!
I should be chucked out an' made ter live as a Muggle!"
我應該被趕出去,一輩子做個麻瓜!”
"Hagrid!" said Harry,
“海格!”哈利說。
shocked to see Hagrid shaking with grief and remorse,great tears leaking down into his beard.
他十分震驚地看到海格因悲哀和悔恨而顫抖,大顆的眼淚滲進他的胡須。
"Hagrid, he'd have found out somehow,
“海格,他總有辦法打聽到的,
this is Voldemort we're talking about, he'd have found out even if you hadn't told him."
我們說的是伏地魔啊,即使你不告訴他,他也總有辦法知道的?!?