"Yeh could've died!" sobbed Hagrid. "An' don' say the name!"
“你差點就沒命了!”海格抽抽噎噎地說,“哦,你別說那個名字!”
"VOLDEMORT!" Harry bellowed, and Hagrid was so shocked, he stopped crying.
“我就要說,伏地魔!”哈利大聲吼道。他看見海格嚇得驚慌失措,才停止了喊叫。
"I've met him and I'm calling him by his name.
“我曾經面對面地和他相遇,我當面叫他的名字。
Please cheer up, Hagrid, we saved the Stone, it's gone, he can't use it.
海格,求求你,快活一些吧,我們保住了魔法石,它現在不在了,伏地魔再也不能用它作惡了。
Have a Chocolate Frog, I've got loads...."
吃一塊巧克力蛙吧,我有一大堆呢……”
Hagrid wiped his nose on the back of his hand and said, "That reminds me.
海格用手背擦了擦鼻子,說道:“這倒提醒了我。
I've got yeh a present."
我也給你帶來了一件禮物呢?!?/div>
"It's not a stoat sandwich, is it?" said Harry anxiously,
“不會是白鼬三明治吧?”哈利擔心地問。
and at last Hagrid gave a weak chuckle.
海格終于勉強地笑出了聲。
"Nah. Dumbledore gave me the day off yesterday ter fix it.
“不是。鄧布和多昨天放了我一天假,讓我把它整理出來。
'Course, he shoulda sacked me instead — anyway, got yeh this..."
當然啦,他完全應該把我開除的——行了,這個給你……”
It seemed to be a handsome, leather-covered book.
看上去像是一本精美的、皮封面的書。
Harry opened it curiously. It was full of wizard photographs.
哈利好奇地打開,里面貼滿了巫師的照片。
Smiling and waving at him from every page were his mother and father.
在每一頁上朝他微笑、揮手的,都是他的父親和母親。
"Sent owls off ter all yer parents' old school friends, askin' fer photos...
“我派貓頭鷹給你父母的老同學送信,向他們要照片……
knew yeh didn' have any... d'yeh like it?"
知道你沒有他們的照片……你喜歡嗎?”
Harry couldn't speak, but Hagrid understood.
哈利說不出話來,但海格全明白了。