As the defense stated in their opening argument,
根據被告的開庭陳述
they're going to try to refute
面對強有力的物證
the overwhelming physical evidence
他們依舊想方設法
that we've presented
要推翻我們的控告
by claiming that Daniel Grayson was framed,
并宣稱丹尼爾·格雷森是遭人陷害
that Charlotte Grayson, the defendant's sister,
而被告的妹妹 夏洛特·格雷森
saw a third person on the beach.
在海灘看到了第三人
Objection. Counsel is testifying.
反對 無證臆斷
Objection sustained.
反對成立
Thank you.
謝謝
Mr. Porter,
波特先生
will you recount for us
可以為我們重述一下
what happened that night on the beach?
那晚在海灘上發生的事嗎
Yeah, um... we were gonna go swimming,
嗯 我們要去游泳
and, uh, it was cold, so I went to go get us clothes,
天很冷 我去拿衣服
and that's when I saw that body behind the saw grass--
然后我就看到了在鋸齒草旁的尸體
Uh, Tyler.
泰勒
And where was Daniel this whole time?
當時丹尼爾在哪兒
I don't know.
不知道
He, uh...
他
I didn't see him until everybody ran over.
大家趕過來之后 我才看到他
Before that moment, did you see anyone else
在這之前 你有沒有在海灘上
anywhere on the beach?
看到其他人
Because in an initial statement Charlotte made to the police,
因為在最初的陳述中 夏洛特告知警方
she said there was someone else.
海灘上另有其人
I know what she said.
我知道她說過什么
Why don't you tell us what you saw?
那你告訴我們 你到底看到了什么