本段對話選自Yes Man,《好好先生》
Remember that promotion we were talking about? Yeah.
還記得我們上次說的升職嗎?嗯。
It's not gonna happen. Tried to fight for you on the phone there.
沒戲了。我想在電話里幫你爭取一下的。
It was between you and Demko, and they went with Demko.
你和德姆克兩個人竟爭,他們選擇德姆克。
I don't care. I didn't really want the job badly.
我無所謂,我也不是那么想要那個職位。
I just tigured after five I'd be the logical choice, but whatever.
我只是覺得干了5年以后,要求升職是個很合理的選擇,不過隨便了。
Look at it this way:at least you didn't get shit-canned.
我們換個角度來說,至少你沒被丟進回收桶里。
Do you know what that means? Fired?
你知道那是什么意思嗎?被炒?
How did you know what that meant? Have you heard me say that before?
你怎么知道的?你之前聽我說過這話?
No,it's a pretty common expression.
不,這個詞很多人都用。
In my circles. I made it up.
在我的圈子里,這詞算是我發明的。
Well, it's catching on.
好吧,這說法很有意思。
This'll cheer you up. I'm having a little get-together at my place.
這樣想你會好受些。我會在我家里開個小型的聚會,
It's a funny hat and-or wig party.
是個假發和帽子派對。
Oh, man. Sucks, I'm gonna be out of town.
哦,老兄。太可惜了,那天我不在城里。
You don't know what day it is.
你都不知道哪天開派對。