本段對話選自The Big Bang Theory《生活大爆炸》
You know what I'm going to do? I am going to sit here and just let them stew.
你知道我要做什么?我要坐在這就讓他們受煎熬。
No,no,no. You know,they have suffered enough. Everybody's suffered enough.
不不不,你知道,他們已經受夠了。每個人都受夠了,
The thing is, you're going to have to offer him a face-saving way out of this.
問題是你得要給他一個顧 全面子的方式來解決。
How?
怎么辦?
Say you're sorry.
你去道歉。
Oh,no. Mrs.Mary Cooper didn't raise her son liars.
哦,不!瑪麗庫珀夫人沒教她兒子怎么撒謊。
Okay. Um…How about this? You know how you're always trying to learn about sarcasm?
好吧,呃…這樣好不好?你知道一直以來你是如何努力學習諷刺人的嗎?
No.. No?
不知道。不知道?
I was being sarcastic.
我剛才那是反諷。
Oh. Good for you. So all you have to do here is say you're sorry to Leonard,but say it sarcastically.
噢,真有你的,所以你當下必須要做的是對萊納德講你很抱歉,但以諷刺的語氣講。
Of course. He will hear it as an attempt to mend fences as opposed to the withering condemnation. You and I will know it to be.
對哦,他聽到會以為是試圖改善關系與極具諷刺性的談責剛好相反,而只有你和 我才知道。
Yeah. Yeah, that was my plan. All right. Come on Let'sgo.
沒錯,是的,我就是這個意思。好的,我們趕快走吧。