Why would he discuss that with me?他為什么要告訴我
discuss with商談; 與 ... 討論
I have something personal to discuss with you.
我有點私事和你商量。
I'm not in the mood to discuss with you.
我沒有心思跟你爭論。
My ears just happened to be in the right place at the right time.我只是正正巧巧聽到了
happen to發生; 碰巧; 正巧; 偶然
We happen to hold the same view.
我們兩人的想法不謀而合。
I happen to have the official statistics with me.
我碰巧身邊有官方的統計數字。
If I were you, I would want to know whether or not my boyfriend's motives were pure before he became my fiance.如果我是你,在男友成為未婚夫前我會想要知道他的動機是否純粹
whether or not是否
I am deliberating whether or not to buy a new car.
我在考慮是否要買一輛新汽車。
Whether or not he will stay, I really do not care.
他要留下來還是要走,我真的不在意。