He says you wrote him a note
他說 在他定罪前一晚
on the eve of his conviction
給他寫了一張紙條
promising to go to prosecutor Kingsly
許諾你會去找檢察官金斯萊
with information that would exonerate him.
呈上能幫他洗脫罪名的證據
Clearly no such thing came to pass.
事實證明這是沒有的事兒
So you're denying the existence of that note?
所以你否認那張紙條的存在嗎
That's the end of the interview.
采訪結束了
But it's only just begun.
這才剛剛開始
David Clarke's obviously using you
大衛·克拉克明顯是在利用你
to try and sell his preposterous story
讓更多人相信他的荒謬故事
in a desperate attempt to launch some sort of appeal.
只為獲得上訴做最后一搏
And that's something any reporter worth his salt
稱職的記者都該
would recognize immediately.
馬上識破這個計謀
We'll have no part of it.
我們不會參與此事
As you wish.
隨便你們
But I'm going to write this story
不管你們接不接受采訪
with or without your input.
我都會發表這個故事
Feel free to sue me.
盡管起訴我吧
My only asset is an answering machine
我的唯一財產就是一部答錄機
brimming over with livid messages from my creditors.
里面全是債主的咆哮體留言
You see, I have nothing to lose, Mr. and Mrs. Grayson.
正如所見 我一無所有 格雷森先生夫人
While you, it would appear, have plenty.
而看上去你們坐擁甚多
Just a moment, Mr. Treadwell.
等等 特德韋爾先生
Perhaps there is an arrangement that can be made after all.
或許還有其他可行的方案