We should've seen a countermove like this coming.
我們該預見會有這樣的回擊
Conrad is many things,
康拉德有多重性格
paranoid first among them.
首當其沖的就是多疑
The new conditions on Daniel's trust
盡管丹尼爾的信托基金出現了新情況
don't mean we have to change our strategy.
并不意味著我們得改變策略
You said Daniel broached the subject of marrying Emily.
你說丹尼爾提出要娶艾米莉
Give him your blessing, take control of the company.
祝福他 接著就能掌控公司了
The company is far less important to me than my son.
對我來說 公司遠沒有兒子重要
You said this was going to be an insurance policy.
這可不像是你所謂的保險策略
I'm trying to protect your future.
我在保護你的未來
And I'm protecting my son's.
而我要保護我兒子
I will not have him rushing into a marriage
我不會讓他草率結婚
with a woman I don't even trust.
尤其還是跟一個我不信任的女人
Sounds like he's already made up his mind.
可聽上去他已經打定主意了
You stand in his way,
你如果反對他
you risk losing the alliance you've built.
是冒險破壞你們的統一戰線
Conrad only stipulated marriage,
康拉德訂的條款只是結婚
not a successful one.
沒說非要一段成功的婚姻
Your son wants to rush into this,
如果你兒子想草率行事
let him.
那就隨他去