Choosing A Career
選擇一個職業
When students graduate from college, many of them do not know how they want to spend their working lives,
當學生從大學畢業時,他們中的許多人不知道他們想如何度過他們的職業生涯,
and they sometimes move from job to job, until they find something that suits them and of equal importance to which they are suited.
他們有時會從一份工作換到另一份工作,直到找到適合他們的、同樣重要的是他們也適合的。
Others never find a job in which they are really happy.
有些人永遠找不到令自己真正快樂的工作。
They remain all their lives square pegs in round holes.
他們在工作中一直都是格格不入。
When we choose our careers, we need to ask ourselves two questions.
當我們選擇職業時,我們需要問自己兩個問題。
First, what do we think we would like to be?
首先,我們自己想成為什么樣的人?
Second, what kind of people are we?
其次,我們是什么樣的人?
The idea, for example, of being a painter or a musician may seem very attractive,
例如,成為畫家或音樂家的想法可能看起來很吸引人,
but unless we have great talent and are willing to work very hard,
但是除非我們有巨大的才能并且愿意努力工作,
we are certain to fail in these occupations, and failure will lead to unhappiness in life.
我們肯定會在這些工作中失敗,而失敗將導致生活中的不快樂。
So, it is important to assess our suitability for a certain career in job search.
因此,評估我們在求職中是否適合某一職業是很重要的。