Chapter 13 A prisoner of the enemy
第13章 敵人的俘虜
Somebody brought a light and I saw the inside of the house.
有人拿來了火;我看清了房子里的情形。
Five pirates were on their feet,and another man was lying down with a head wound.
有五個海盜站在那里,還有一個頭受了傷躺在地上。
But my heart became filled with fear when I saw no prisoners.
我看到沒有俘虜,心里就害怕起來。
Were my friends all dead?
我的朋友們都死了?
Here's Jim Hawkins!said Silver.
原來是吉姆·霍金斯!西爾弗說。
How friendly of you to visit us,Jim!
歡迎你來我們這兒,吉姆!
Where are my friends?I asked.
我的朋友們在哪兒?我問。
Silver answered in a smooth voice.
西爾弗用流暢的語調開始講。
Yesterday.morning,Doctor Livesey came down with a white flag.
昨天早上,李甫西大夫打著白旗來找我們。
Capn Silver,he said,you've lost.
西爾弗船長,他說,你們失敗了,
The ship's gone.We looked out and,by thunder,the ship had gone!
船已經開走了!我們跑出去一看,船果然不見了。
Let's bargain,said the doctor.
我們來講條件吧,大夫說。
So we bargained,and here we are,in the house.
我們跟他講妥了條件,我們就到這里來了。
And your friends?They walked off and I don't know where they are.
你的朋友?他們走了,我也不知道他們去哪里了。
And now,are you going to join us,Jim?
現在你愿意和我們一起干嗎?
You're in trouble,I said.Ship lost,treasure lost,men lost.
你們的處境很不妙,我說。船丟了,財寶丟了,人也丟了。
And if you want to know who did it-it was me!
如果你們想知道是誰干的,告訴你們,是我干的。
I was in the apple barrel the night we saw the island,and I heard every word you said.
我們看見陸地的那天晚上,我躲在蘋果桶里聽到你們講的所有的話。
And the ship?It was me who cut her ropes and killed the men aboard her,and it's me who has sailed her to a place where you'll never find her.
至于那條船,也是我割斷了繩索,殺死了船上的人,然后把船駛到你們誰也找不到的地方。
Kill me if you like,but if you let me live,
要殺要放隨你們便,但如果你們放了我,
I'll do what I can to save you when you're arrested and brought to trial for piracy.
將來你們因為當海盜受審判時,我將盡力救你們的命。

關于《金銀島》
驚濤駭浪中,到底吉姆一行人最后有沒有找到傳聞中那座遍地滿是黃金寶藏的金銀島呢?