I felt sick and frightened.The blood from my wound ran over my back and chest,and the knife seemed to burn like hot iron.
我感到一陣恐懼和惡心。血從我的傷口流到背上和胸上,那把長刀像火紅的烙鐵在我的肩膀上。
But I was trembling so badly that it shook the knife out of my skin,and I could move again.
我使勁地發抖,以至于那把刀掉下去了,我又可以動了。
I climbed down through the sails,then went below to tie up my wound.
我順著桅桿溜下來,到船艙包扎好傷口。
There was a lot of blood but it wasn't deep.Next,I went up on deck.
我流了很多血,但傷得不深。然后我來到甲板上。
It was now evening and a light wind was blowing,so I lowered the sails before climbing down a rope and into the sea.
現在已經是晚上了,微風輕拂,我降下帆,然后順著一條繩子下到海里。
The water was only waist-deep and I walked ashore.
海水僅及我的腰部,我向岸上走去。
The sun had gone now and,once on dry land,I began to walk to the stockade.
太陽已經落山了,我一上岸就直奔寨子而去。
Perhaps the others would blame me for deserting,I thought,
也許別人會指責我逃跑,我琢磨著,
but Captain Smollett would be pleased I had taken the Hispaniola,I was sure.
可是斯摩列特船長一定會為我奪回了伊斯帕尼奧拉號而高興。
When I reached the stockade,the house lay in dark shadow.
我到寨子的時候,木屋籠罩在黑暗中。
But on the other side,a large fire had almost burned itself out.
在另一邊有一堆快燃盡的篝火。
This seemed strange,as it had not been our habit to build lange fires.
這很奇怪,這么大的篝火不可能是我們燒的。
There were no sounds,except for the wind in the trees,
周圍一點動靜都沒有,只有樹林中的風聲。
and I went quietly round to the eastern side,keeping in the shadows.
我繞到寨子東邊,盡可能躲在陰影中。
As I came nearer to the corner of the house,
我接近木屋的時候,
I heard my friends breathing loudly as they slept,and at once felt happier again.
聽見我的朋友們熟睡的鼾聲,立即高興起來。
I got to the door and looked in,
我找到門向里看,
but all was dark and I could see nothing.
屋里一片漆黑,什么也看不見。
With my arms out in front of me,I walked in.
我伸出手摸索著走進屋。
Suddenly,there was a high voice screaming in the darkness:
突然,一個聲音響起來:
Pieces of eight!Pieces of eight!Pieces of eight!It was Silver's parrot,Captain Flint!
八個里亞爾!八個里亞爾!八個里亞爾!是西爾弗的鸚鵡,弗林特船長!
Immediately,men began to wake up,and I heard Silver's voice shout,Who's there?
隨即,人們都醒了,我聽見西爾弗喊道:誰在那兒?
I turned to run,crashed violently against one person,then ran straight into the arms of another.
我轉身就跑,剛掙脫了一個人,又被另一個人抓住。

關于《金銀島》
不僅發生了足以讓人喪命的瘧疾病亂,還曾經發生海盜們群體叛亂的恐怖事件。