I listened to his words but didn't believe them.
我聽明白他的話,但一點都不信他。
He wanted me to leave the deck,that was clear,but why?
顯然,他要我離開甲板,但為什么呢?
Wine?I said.Will you have white or red?
葡萄酒?我問。要白的還是紅的?
I don't mind,he said,as long as it's strong and there's plenty of it.
都行,他說,只要多一些,有點勁就行。
I'll have to search for it,I told him.
好吧,我去找一找,我說。
I went below,then took off my shoes and went quietly up the other stairs to watch him.
我跑下去,然后脫下鞋爬上梯子看他。
He was on his hands and knees and,although his leg hurt him,
他用兩手和兩個膝蓋爬行。盡管腿受傷了,他還是爬得很快,
he moved quickly across the deck and took a long knife from among some ropes.
然后從甲板上一盤纜繩下面找出一把長刀。
I could see the blood on it.
我可以看見上面的血跡。
Then he hid it under his coat and went back to his place.
然后他把刀藏在衣服下面,回到原處。
This was all I needed to know Israel Hands could move about and now had a weapon,
這正是我需要知道的一切。伊斯萊爾·漢茲能夠爬行而且他現在有了武器,
and he was going to try to kill me.
他想殺掉我。
But I knew that he wouldn't use the knife until the ship was safely on the beach.
但我相信在伊斯帕尼奧拉號安全抵達沙灘之前他不會殺我的。
I went back to the cabin,put my shoes on again,and picked up a bottle of wine.Then I went back up on deck.
我回到船艙,穿上鞋,找到一瓶葡萄酒回到甲板上。
關于《金銀島》
于是吉姆和一群人的金銀島尋寶的故事就此展開。