We sailed ahead of the wind,the island moving past quickly.
我們乘風航行,島上的景物迅速向后退去。
After my success,I was less sorry about deserting the stockade.
我終于成功了,因而對不辭而別的內疚也減少了許多。
There was only one thing that worried me.
只有一件事讓我擔心,
It was the way Israel Hands watched me at my work,a cold little smile on his face.
那就是漢茲看我干活的表情,他的臉上總帶著冷笑。
We could not put the ship on the beach when we reached North Inlet because the sea was too high.
因為海水太深,當我們到達北部水灣時,我們沒法讓船沖上岸灘。
We had to wait,sit ting in silence over another meal.
于是我們默默地坐下來,一邊吃些東西一邊等待。
Capn,Hands said to me,still with that smile on his face,my old mate,OBrien,is dead.
船長先生,漢茲對我說,臉上還帶著狡詐的笑,我的老伙伴奧布賴恩已經死了。
Can you throw him overboard?
你能把他扔到海里去嗎?
I'm not strong enough,I said.
我沒這么大力氣,我說。
There was a pause,then he said,Well now,
他頓了一下對我說:那么,
would you be very kind and go down to the cabin and fetch me a bottle of wine,Jim?
你現在下去給我找一瓶葡萄酒來怎么樣?
This rum's too strong for my head.
這朗姆酒勁兒太大了。

關于《金銀島》
沒多久,比爾船長因為飲酒過量加上受到驚嚇而死在旅館中,吉姆無意間發現比爾身上帶著的一張藏寶圖,那是海盜普林特船長所遺留下的。