Listen, I just spoke to dad.爸剛才來找我談話
speak to:對 ... 講話; 同 ... 交談
No one ventured to speak to him.
無人敢跟他講話。
Don't speak to the child with severity.
不要用嚴厲的口氣對孩子說話。
As far as he's concerned, we've patched things up.在他看來,我們已經講和了
as far as one's concerned:就某人而言
As far as I'm concerned, the beige one is better.
就我而言,米色的那個更好。
As far as we're concerned you can go whenever you want.
就我們而言,你什么時候走都行。
patch up:修補; 平息
He tried to patch up their quarrel.
他試圖平息他們之間的爭吵。
They've managed to patch up their differences.
他們終于彌合了分歧。
see if you can lend her your severely overqualified hand.看看你是否能給她提些專業意見
lend a hand:幫助; 幫忙
Please lend a hand with my book.
請幫我拿一下書。
Ask the boys to lend a hand with moving the piano .
求那些男孩子來幫忙搬搬鋼琴。