Well now,Capn Smollett,said Silver,sitting down in the sand,
那么,斯摩列特船長,西爾弗說著,坐在沙地上,
you were very clever,last night.
昨天晚上你們很聰明。
One of you is very quick with a knife,isn't he?
你們中的一個人用刀出手很快。
Some of my men were frightened,and perhaps I was too.
我們有些人都嚇壞了,大概我也一樣。
Perhaps that's why I'm here now.
所以我才來談判。
But you won't do it again,by thunder!
但我發誓,這樣的事不會再發生了。
We'll drink less rum and watch more carefully.
我們要小心布置崗哨,并且叫大家少喝點朗姆酒。
I was asleep,but I almost caught you.
我當時睡著了,可我差點兒抓住了你們。
The man you knifed wasn't dead when I reached him.
我跑到被殺的那個人跟前的時候,他還沒死呢。
Well?said Captain Smollett,pretending to understand.
是嗎?斯摩列特船長裝作明白地說。
But I guessed what Silver was talking about.
我猜到了西爾弗說的事。
I remembered Ben Gunn's last words to me.
我想起本·葛恩和我分手前的最后一句話。
Perhaps he had visited the pirates during the night,when they were lying around their fire,full of rum.
他大概在海盜們喝醉了倒在篝火邊的時候到他們的營地去過。
We want that treasure,and we'll have it!said Silver.
我們要島上的寶藏,而且我們一定會得到!
Now,you have a map.
西爾弗說。你們有一張尋寶圖。
Give it to us,and stop killing poor sea-men when they're asleep,
我們可憐的水手睡著的時候殺他們,我們就會讓你們選擇如何行事。
and we'll let you choose what to do.Either come aboard ship with us when we have the treasure,
只要把它交給我們,并且不要在或者等寶藏裝上船后你們跟我們一起坐船走,
and we'll take you to a safe place;or stay here on the island.
我們擔保讓你們安全上岸;或者,你們可以留在此地。

關于《金銀島》
著名小說《金銀島》講述了一個膾炙人口的探險故事。《金銀島》是以太平洋的可可島為背景寫的,該島位于距哥斯達黎加海岸300英里的海中,曾是17世紀海盜的休息站。