We heard you had gone ashore on one of the boats,Jim,he said.
吉姆,我們聽說你跟著一條船上了岸,他說。
We never doubted your honesty,
我們從未懷疑你的忠實,
but we were afraid you wouldn't be safe.
但我們為你的安全擔心。
Hunter and I came ashore to see what was happening,and found the stockade.
我和亨特上岸想看看發生了什么,卻發現了這個寨子。
It seemed a good place to defend ourselves against Silver and his men,
這似乎是我們抵御西爾弗和他那幫人的好地方,
because we were sure they would kill us when they returned to the ship Here,all we needed was enough food,and people to watch for enemies.
我們確信回到船上他們會殺了我們。在這兒,我們需要的是足夠的食物和足夠的人手對付敵人。
You see,we know that if the Hispaniola does not return to Bristol by the end of August,a rescue ship will be sent to look for us.
你知道,如果伊斯帕尼奧拉號8月底前不能返回布里斯托爾,一只救援船就會來接我們。
So we made a plan to get ourselves off the ship,Dr Livesey went on.
所以我們就設計棄船而走,李甫西大夫繼續講下去。
Hunter,Redruth,and Joyce helped us.
亨特、雷德拉斯和喬伊斯幫助了我們。
Hunter brought the captain's little boat round under the cabin window,
亨特把船長的小船轉移到船艙附近,
and Joyce and I put guns and food and my medicine chest in it.
我和喬伊斯裝上了槍、食物和藥品。
Redruth took four guns and went on deck with Trelawney and the captain They were able to surprise Israel Hands and the other men,
雷德拉斯拿了四枝槍和屈利勞尼及船長一起上了甲板。伊斯萊爾·漢茲一伙顯然嚇了一跳。
and they managed to persuade one man,Abraham Gray,to join us again.
雷德拉斯和船長等人想法說服了一個叫亞伯拉罕·格雷的人加入了我們。
關于《金銀島》
小說贊揚了貧民、流浪者、孤兒、土著居民的高尚、勇敢和善良,鞭撻了歹徒們的邪惡、卑鄙和陰險,以此來贊揚品格高尚、美好的人們。