The ship's gun BOOMED!
從船上又傳來一聲炮響,
and the shot fell only a hundredmetres away.
炮彈就落在一百多米以外的地方。
Ben Gunn and I each ran our different ways.
我們倆朝著不同方向拔腿就跑。
Thefiring continued for another hour,and I moved quietly through the trees to the shore.
槍炮聲持續了一個小時,我悄悄來到岸邊的樹叢中。
There I saw the Hispaniola in the bay—but the Jolly Roger was flying over her!
我看見伊斯帕尼奧拉號停在海灣里——船上掛著骷髏旗!
On the beach,the pirates were breaking up the captain's little boat with axes.
在岸上,那幫海盜正用斧子劈船長的小船。
When the ship's gun stopped firing,I went back to the stockade.
炮聲停止后,我回到寨子里。
Doctor!I shouted.Squire!Captain!Hello,Hunter,is that you?
大夫!我喊道,鄉紳!船長!你好,亨特!是你嗎?
Dr Livesey came out of the house in time to see me climbing into the stockade,
李甫西大夫立刻從木屋出來,我正翻越圍欄,
and my friends welcomed me happily.
朋友們都高興地迎接我回來,
They gave me supper-although they were worried because there was little food left.
他們讓我吃了晚飯—盡管飯菜剩下的不多了。
As I ate,Dr Livesey told me their story.
我吃飯的時候,李甫西大夫給我講了他們的歷險。
關于《金銀島》
小說文筆細膩流暢,故事情節新奇浪漫,既能激發讀者的想象力,又讓讀者領略冒險世界的美妙與動人心弦。