Chapter 10 Inside the stockade
第十章 在寨子里
We followed the noise of the fighting and came to a hill.
我們循著槍聲來到一座小山前。
There stood a strong wooden house,big enough for forty people,and with holes for guns on every side.
那兒有一座堅固的木頭房子,可以容得下40人,每一面墻都有射擊孔。
All around the house was a wide open piece of land;
房子四周是一片開闊地,
and around that was a fence,two metres high,with no doors or openings,and too strong to pull down easily.
還有一圈圍欄,兩米高,沒有出入口,很堅固而且不易拉倒。
As soon as Ben Gunn saw the English flag flying over thehouse,he said,
本·葛恩一看見木屋上飄著的英國旗就對我說:
There are your friends.
你的朋友在那里。
More likely to be the pirates,I answered.
更有可能是那幫海盜,我說。
Silver would put up the pirate's flag,the Jolly Roger,said Ben.
西爾弗一定會掛他們海盜的骷髏旗,本·葛恩說。
No,there's been a fight,and your friends have won.
剛才他們打了一仗,你的朋友獲勝了。
They're inside the stockade that Flint made years ago.
他們正在弗林特幾年前建的寨子里。
Then I must hurry and join them,I said.
那我得趕快去和我的朋友們會合,我說。
He wouldn't come with me.
他不愿和我一起去。
I won't come until you've seen your gentleman and got his promise.
除非你見到了你們那位紳士,得到了他的保證,否則我不會去見他們。
You know where to find me,Jim.
吉姆,你知道在哪兒能找到我。
And if the pirates sleep on shore tonight,one of them might have an unpleasant surprise!
要是那幫海盜在岸上過夜,他們中就會有人遭厄運!

關于《金銀島》
《金銀島》于1883年出版。這本書敘述了少年吉姆等一行人去海上一座荒島上尋找海盜埋葬的金錢財寶,并與以約翰·西爾弗為首的海盜團伙進行了驚心動魄的激烈戰斗、搏殺。