I began to think that I had found a friend, and I answered him at once.
我意識到我找到了一位朋友,我馬上告訴他:
It's not Flint's ship.
那不是弗林特的船,
Flint is dead, but there are some of Flint's men aboard, and that's bad news for us.
弗林特已經死了,但船上有幾個是弗林特的同伙,這是個不幸的消息。
A man with one leg?he asked, fear in his voice.
他們中有個一條腿的人嗎?他問,聲音中有恐懼。
Silver?I asked.
西爾弗吧?我問。
Yes ,Silver,he said,that was his name.
對,這就是他的名字。
He's the cook, and their leader ,too.
他是船上的廚子,也是那幫人的頭頭。
And I told him the whole story of our voyage, and the danger we were now in.
我把這次航行的來龍去脈都講給他聽,也告訴他我們的危險處境。
You're in trouble, Jim,he said when I'd finished.Well, Ben Gunn will help you.
你們很危險,吉姆,他說。不過,本·葛恩會幫你們的。
Will your squire be generous if I do, do you think?
如果我幫你們脫險,那位鄉紳先生會不會比較慷慨?
I don't want him to give me a job,
我的意思不是讓他給我一個工作。
but will he give me one thousand pounds out of money that's really mine?
能不能讓他從本來就是我的錢中拿出1000英鎊來作為酬勞?
I'm sure he will,I said.
我相信他一定愿意,我說。
And take me home on your ship?
而且讓我坐你們的船回去?

關于《金銀島》
然而,到了20世紀中期,評論家對其作品進行了新的評價,開始審視史蒂文森而且將他的作品放入西方經典中,并將他列為20世紀最偉大的作家之一。