Will laughed too,but he said,Ben,you must be careful.
威爾也笑了起來,但他說道:本,你可要小心呀。
You don't want the King to be your enemy.
你不想與國王為敵吧!
Don't forget that he pays twice as much as Queen Elizabeth did—and sees twice as many plays.
別忘了,國王付的報酬是伊麗莎白女王的兩倍——看的戲也是她的兩倍。
Money?'shouted Bed.He loved to argue about anything.
錢?本大叫起來,他很愛爭論事情。
We're poets and actors,not businessmen!What does money matter?
我們是詩人,是演員,不是生意人!錢有什么用?
It puts bread and meat in your stomach,and a coat on your back,said Will,drinking his beer.
錢可以使你有面包和肉果腹,有衣穿,威爾喝了一口啤酒,
And you're the first to shout if you haven't got any money.
說道,要是沒錢的話,你會第一個破口大罵的!
Ben banged his beer glass on the table.
本把啤酒杯砰地放在桌上。
Now listen,Mr William Shakespeare of Stratford,with your fine big house and your expensive horses,you wrote in your play King Lear that money was—
現在聽著,斯特拉福鎮的威爾·莎士比亞先生,你不就擁有堂皇的居宅,高價的馬匹嗎?你在《李爾王》一劇中不是寫道錢是—
Oh,do stop it,you two!John Heminges said.
嘔,你們兩個都住嘴吧!約翰·海明勸道,
He turned to talk to me,but a few minutes later Ben was arguing about another of Will's plays.
然后便轉身和我談話。不過幾分鐘后,本又在評論威爾的另一部戲劇。