That brought him back to life.
這番話使他又恢復了生機。
Can't you read?he said crossly.
你看不懂嗎?他忿忿地說,
If you look at Gonzalo's words in Act 2,Toby,you'll see that it's a magic island一and their clothes stay dry all the time.
托比,你若是看了第二幕貢柴羅那段話,你會覺得那是一座魔島—他們的衣服一直是干的,
So they'll only need one lot.
所以只需準備一套衣服。
I laughed,and then he laughed too.
我笑了,跟著他也笑了。
But it was true,he was tried.
事實的確這樣,他累了。
I could see it,and others could see it too.
我看得出來,別人也看得出來。
But the company was always wanting new plays,and we had two theatres now.
不過,劇團總需要新劇上演,況且我們現在有兩個劇院;
There was the Globe,and now we had the Blackfriars theatre.
環球劇院和黑修士劇院。
Plays in the Globe were in the open air and always had to be in daylight,
環球劇院是露天劇院,戲劇通常只能白天演。
but the Blackfriars was a building with a roof.
黑修士劇院是有蓋頂的劇院,
We could put on plays in the evenings and in any weather.
戲劇可以在晚上以及隨便什么天氣上演,
It also made more money,because every playgoer had a seat and paid a shilling for it.
錢也賺得更多,因為每個觀眾花一先令可以有一個座位,
In the Globe they paid a penny to stand.
但在環球劇院,觀眾花一便士要站著看。