In February 1612 Will's brother Gilbert died in London,and just a year later his brother Richard died in Stratford.
1612年2月,威爾的弟弟吉爾伯特死于倫敦。
That was in February,too.
一年后,也在2月份,
Will was the oldest brother,and he was the only one still alive.
他弟弟理查死于斯特拉福鎮。威爾是家中的長子,而今孑然一身于世上。
We spent most of our time in Stratford these days.
這些日子,我們多半呆在斯特拉福鎮。
Will didn't act in plays now.
威爾不再上臺演戲,
He went to rehearsals for his new plays,of course,
不過他肯定趕去看新劇本的預演,
but he was always happy to hurry home again.
然后,興致勃勃地趕回家。
We were riding back to Stratford in the spring of 1613 and Stopped for the night at the Crown Inn in Oxford.
1613年春,我們騎馬回斯特拉福鎮,途中在牛津的皇冠客棧寄宿。
Will was very friendly with the landlord John Davenant and his wife Jane.
威爾對房東約翰·達文南特和他妻子簡非常友善。
The next morning,when we left,their little son,William,came running out to say goodbye to his good friend Mr Shakespeare.
第二天早要離開時,他們的小兒子威廉跑出來向他的好朋友莎士比亞先生告別。
He was a bright boy,about seven years old,with much the same colour hair and eyes as Will.
這小孩聰明伶俐,大約7歲,發色和眼睛酷似威爾。
Will talked with him for a few minutes,then gave him a penny.
威爾和他聊了幾分鐘,然后送給他一便士作紀念。
Later,when we were riding along the road,I said,The last time we were in Oxford,
當我們策馬上路之后,我說道,我們上次在牛津時,
I heard some talk in the town.
我在鎮上聽到一些閑話。
Someone said that you were the father of Jane Davenant's son.
有人說你是簡·達文南特兒子的父親。