Guns were given to all the honest men. Hunter ,Joyce, and Redruth were told what was happening, and were less sur-prised than we expected them to be.
槍已分發給所有可靠的人。亨特、喬伊斯、雷德拉斯也知道了事情的真相,他們并不像我們想像的那么驚訝。
Then the captain went on deck to talk to the crew.
船長走上甲板向全體船員宣布:
Men ,you've had a hot ,tiring day,he said.The boats are still in the water.
朋友們,他說,大家過了又累又熱的一天,小船還在水里。
Any man who wants to can go ashore for the afternoon.
誰要是愿意,下午都可以上岸去。
You'll hear a gun half an hour before the sun goes down to call you back.
在日落前半小時我放炮通知大家。
They all became happier at once.
他們一下子都笑逐顏開。
I think they thought they would find the treasure lying around on the beach!
我想,他們以為一上岸就能在沙灘上找到他們要的寶藏。
After some talk, six men stayed on board ,and the others, with Silver, got into the small boats.
他們商量了一下,六名水手留在船上,其他人,包括西爾弗,都登上小船上了岸。
I then had the first of the mad ideas that helped to save our lives.
我忽然想到第一個近乎瘋狂的想法—正是這主意后來救了我們的命。
If six men were left, we could not take control of the ship;
既然留下六個人,我們就無法控制船;
and because only six were left, the captain's men did not need my help.
但又因為只留下六個人,船長的人也不是非要我幫忙不可。
So I quickly went over the ship's side and into the nearest boat.我迅速逃離大船跳上一只最近處的小船。

關于《金銀島》小說《金銀島》(Treasure Island)(1883年),是其代表作,是關于尋找海盜寶藏的故事,也是他的浪漫小說中最受歡迎的一部,同時還是最受歡迎的英語兒童書籍之一。