Chapter 8 Treasure Island
第8章 金銀島
Next morning, there was no wind and we were half a mile from the eastern coast of the island.
第二天早晨,一絲風都沒有,我們距離島的東岸還有半英里。
Although the sun shone bright and hot, I hated the thought of Treasure Is-land,afraid of what would happen there.
盡管陽光燦爛而溫暖,我卻憎恨這個金銀島,害怕可能發生的一切。
Because there was no wind, the small boats pulled the ship three or four miles round the island, to a safe place to drop the anchor.
因為沒有風,我們用小船拖著大船在島的周圍繞了三四英里,到一個安全的地方下錨。
I went in one of them.
我上了其中一只小船。
It was hard work pulling the ship, and the men argued.
用小船拖大船是件苦差事,大家都在抱怨。
Af-terwards, they sat around the deck, and the smallest order was received with an angry look.
然后,他們就坐在甲板上,哪怕一個小小的命令也會遭到白眼。
If I give another order,said the captain,the whole crew will mutiny.
如果我再下命令,船長說,所有的船員都會暴亂,
Only one man can help us.
只有一個人能幫我們。
And who is that?asked the squire.
誰?鄉紳問。
Silver,replied the captain.He wants to keep things calm as much as we do;
西爾弗,船長回答。他也和我們一樣想穩住局面,
he wants the men to wait.
他希望他的人不要輕易動手。
Let's allow them an afternoon on shore.
我建議下午讓他們上岸去。
If they all go, we'll have the ship.
如果他們都去,我們就奪回船。
If some go, Silver will bring them back as gentle as sheep.
如果幾個人去,西爾弗帶他們回來的時候,他們會像綿羊一樣聽話。
關于《金銀島》
史蒂文森是最多產的作家之一。他的浪漫冒險小說是自《沃爾特·斯科特爵士》問世以來英國最受公眾喜愛的作品。