Captain, said the squire when I'd finished, you were right,and I was wrong.
船長,我講完后鄉紳說,你是對的,我錯了。
But I've never known a crew planning to mutiny that did not show some sign of it before. said the captain.
我還從沒遇到過海員醞釀暴亂而不露聲色的,船長說。
That's Silver,said the doctor.He's a very clever man.
這就是西爾弗,大夫說。他是個精明人。
He'd look very clever with a rope around his neck, sir!
他精明得快上絞架啦,先生!
replied the captain.But we must make a plan.
船長答道。但我們必須想個對策。
We can't go back, or they would know at once.
我們不能返航,那樣他們馬上就知道了。
But we have some time be-fore the treasure is found, and there are some honest men a-mong the crew.
我們在找到寶藏之前還有時間,船員中還有幾個正直的人。
Your men, squire?
你的人如何,鄉紳?
As honest as myself,agreed Mr Trelawney.
和我一樣可靠,鄉紳說。
And ourselves, said the captain.
加上我們這些人,船長說,
That's seven, with young Hawkins here.
一共七個人,包括霍金斯在內。
Now, what other honest men are there?
還有其他可靠的人嗎?
Probably the men Trelawney chose before he met Silver,said the doctor.
屈利勞尼先生在遇到西爾弗之前選的人也許可靠,大夫說。
No,said the squire.Hands was one of them.
不,鄉紳說,漢茲就是他們的人。
Well, gentlemen, said the captain.We must wait and watch carefully,until we know our men.
好吧,先生們,船長說,我們必須坐觀事態發展,等待摸清敵我之間的情況后再說。

關于《金銀島》
作者介紹 羅伯特·路易斯·史蒂文森(Robert Louis Stevenson,1850年11月13日—1894年12月3日)出生于蘇格蘭的愛丁堡。小說家、詩人與旅游作家,也是英國文學新浪漫主義的代表之一。