Flint was captain ot me,said Silver.
那時弗林特是船長,不是我,西爾弗說。
In the same battle that I lost my leg, old Pew lost his sight.
在那一仗中我失去了這條腿,老皮尤瞎了眼。
But I got two thou-sand when I sailed with Flint—and it's all safe in the bank at home.
我和弗林特出海時得到2000英鎊—現在存在家鄉的銀行里。
But what if you don't live to get home again?asked an-other, doubtful voice.
如果你不能活著回去怎么辦?另一個人懷疑地問。
I recognized the voice of the youngest seaman aboard.
我聽出那是船上一個最年輕的船員。
Pirates live rough,agreed Silver.
海盜們都很粗暴,西爾弗說。
They live dangerously and some get caught and die by the law.
海盜們時刻生活在危險之中,其中有些人被抓住后送上絞架。
But they eat and drink the best, and when the voyage is done, it's hundreds of pounds instead of hundreds ofPence in their pockets.
但海盜們吃得好喝得好,一趟出海歸來,就會有幾百英鎊裝入腰包,而不是幾百便士。
Once I'm back from this trip,I'll live like a gentleman.
我這次旅行回來后,就像個紳士一樣生活。
But I began life like you—a clever young seaman without a penny in my pocket!
我開始時也和你一樣—身無分文。
I didn't like this job until this talk woth you, John,said the young seaman,
在此談話之前我并不喜歡這個工作約翰,年輕人說。
but I'm with you now.
但現在我和你一起干了。
They shook hands so hard that the barrel shook as well, with me inside it.
他們倆熱烈握手,蘋果桶劇烈地晃起來,當時我就在里面。
By this time, I understood that Silver had just turned an honest seaman into a pirate.Perhaps every man in the crew was now a pirate!
這時我意識到西爾弗已經把一個正直的人變成了海盜。也許船上每個人都是海盜!
關于《金銀島》
《金銀島》是著名的文學作家羅伯特·路易斯·斯蒂文森的作品。