The crew seemed happy, which was not really surprising.
船員們似乎都很高興。這也不足為怪,
No ship's company was ever so well looked after ,with plenty to eat and drink;
因為沒有一艘船有這樣的待遇。船員們有足夠的吃喝,
and a barrel of apples open for any man to take one.
還有一桶蘋果,任何人都可以吃。
And it was the apple barrel that saved our lives.
而正是這蘋果桶救了我們的命。
It was the day before we expected to see Treasure Island.
那天是我們預計到達金銀島的前一天。
The sun had gone down ,all my work was done, and I thought I should like an apple.
太陽已經落山,我也忙完了手中的活計,我準備吃個蘋果。
The barrel was nearly empty and I had to climb right inside to get my apple.
蘋果桶快空了,我只好鉆進去拿蘋果。
As I sat there in the dark, the ship moving gently in the water, I almost fell asleep.
我在黑暗中坐著,船在水上輕輕顛晃,我都快睡著了。
Suddenly ,the barrel shook as a heavy man sat down and rested his shoulders against it.
忽然,蘋果桶劇烈地晃了一下,一個人坐下來,倚在蘋果桶上。
The man began to speak and it was Silver's voice.
那個人開始講話,我聽出是西爾弗的聲音。
Before I had heard a dozen words, I was trembling with fear.
只聽他說幾句話,我就嚇得直發抖。
I understood from those words that the lives of all honest men on the ship depended on me alone!
那些話使我知道船上所有好人的生命都系于我一身。
關于《金銀島》
為青少年讀者描繪的這幅探奇冒險的尋主圖,既散發著濃厚的孩童情趣,又飄逸著誘人的冒險氣息,使這部作品一直深受青少年讀者的喜愛。