Chapter 7 The apple barrel
第7章 蘋果桶
We sailed at the first light of day.
晨曦微露,我們就啟航了。
I was more tired than ever before, but everything was so new and interest-ing I would not leave the deck.
我比以前任何時候都累,可是航行對我來說又新鮮又有趣,我一直不愿離開甲板。
let's have a song!cried one of the men.
我們唱個歌吧!一個人建議。
Long John began to sing that song I knew so well:
于是高個約翰唱起了我熟悉的老調:
Fifteen men on the dead man's chest—
十五個人趴著死人箱—
And the whole crew joined with him:
所有船員都跟著他唱起來:
Yo-h(huán)o-h(huán)o and a bottle of rum!
唷呵呵,快來嘗一杯朗姆酒!
Even at that exciting moment, I remembered the old Admiral Benbow,
即使在這么激動的時刻,我還能記起本葆將軍酒店,
and I seemed to hear the voice of old Bill, thr seaman, singing with them.
我好像聽見老船長比爾也在和他們一起唱。
But soon the sails began to fill with wind, and the land and other ships moved past on each side.
不一會兒,帆就鼓滿了風,陸地和其他的船在兩旁迅速地向后退去。
The Hispaniola had begun her voyage to Treasure Island.
伊斯帕尼奧拉號向金銀島的航行開始了。
I am not going to describe the voyage in detail.
我不想詳盡地描述這次航行。
The ship was indeed a good ship ,the crew were good seamen,and the captain knew his business well.
船是條好船,船員也不錯,船長也熟稔他的行當。
But Mr Arrow was even worse than the captain had feared.
但是埃羅卻比船長所擔心的更壞。
The men did as they pleased with him ,and after a day or two at sea,
他我行我素,過了一兩天以后便開始酗酒。
he began to drink too much. Where he got the drink was a mystery, and if we asked him, he would only laugh.
他從哪兒弄來的酒始終是個謎,我們問他時,他只是笑。
Then one wild, dark night with a rough sea, he disappeared and was seen no more.
在一個月黑風高的夜里,他終于失蹤了,再也沒人見過他。

關于《金銀島》
作者用這種似明實暗,似松實緊的懸念牽引讀者的注意,使他們始終關切地等著看作者以豐富的想像創(chuàng)造出來的復雜局面怎樣揭破謎底,水落石出。