It's very good,John Heminges began,but it's too long.
內容很好,約翰·海明帶頭說道,不過劇情太長,
It'll take about four hours in the theatre.
在劇院上演要演四個多小時。
We don't have to use it all,Will said.
我們并不需要全部劇情,威爾說,
We can cut it down to three hours,perhaps two and a half.
我們可以將劇本刪減到三個小時,或者兩個半小時也行。
Henry Condell picked up one of the paper from the table.
亨利·康德爾從桌上拿起一張手稿:
Look at this bit,when Ophelia is talking about Hamlet,he said.
看這一段,奧菲利亞談論哈姆雷特,他說道,
Hamlet sounds like the Earl of Essex to me.Were you thinking of Essex when you wrote this?
我感覺劇中的哈姆雷特酷似愛塞克斯伯爵。你在寫這段時是否想到愛塞克斯呢?
Will smiled.Perhaps,he said.And perhaps not.
威爾笑了起來。或許有,他說道,或許也沒有。
Richard will play Prince Hamlet,yes?said Augustine.
理查扮演哈姆雷特王子,對吧?奧古斯丁說。
Of course!Will said.I wrote the part for him.
那當然啦!威爾說道,這個角色專為他而寫的。
He's our star actor.
他是我們劇團的明星。
I'll play the ghost of Hamle's father.
我將扮演哈姆雷特父親的幽靈。
He looked at me.
他看看我,又說,托比,
Hamlet will wear black,Toby,and Ophelia will wear white.
哈姆雷特要穿黑衣服,而奧菲莉亞就準備白衣吧。