I was employed, sir,said the captain,on secret orders,and to sail this ship where that gentleman ordered me to sail it.
我秘密受雇于人,先生,船長說,這位先生讓我去哪兒我就去哪兒。
Now I find every other man on this ship knows more than I do.
而現在我發現船上任何一個人知道的都比我多。
I don't call that fair, do you?
我認為這不公平,你說呢?
No,said Dr Livesey, I don't.
是不公平,李甫西大夫說,我也這么認為。
Next,said the captain, I learn we are going to look for treasure-hear it from my own crew!
還有,船長說,我聽說我們要去尋寶—我是聽我自己的船員說的。
Now, I don't like trea-sure voyages at the best of times,
老實說,在情況最好的時候我也不喜歡尋寶航行,
and I certainly don't like them when they are secret.
我更不喜歡這樣遮遮掩掩的。
Also, a captain is usually allowed to choose his own crew.
并且,船長應該有權選擇自己的船員。
That's true, agreed the doctor.And you don't like Mr Arrow?
是這樣,大夫說。你不喜歡埃羅嗎?
No, sir, replied Captain Smollett.
不是,先生,船長斯摩列特說,
He's too friendly with the crew.
他對船員們非常友好。
Tell us what you want, said the doctor.
告訴我們你想怎樣?大夫說。
First of all, the men are putting the powder and weapons in the front of the ship,said the captain.
首先,那些人把火藥和武器放在船頭,船長說。
Now, you have a good place under the cabin.Why not put them there?
其實,船艙下面有個不錯的地方,為什么不放在那里呢?
Second, you are bringing four of your own people.
其次,你們帶來的四個人,
Let them sleep here be-side the cabin.
讓他們睡在船長室隔壁吧。
關于《金銀島》
但作者用一個又一個懸念和高潮牢牢吸引住讀者。比如小說一開始描寫兇悍怪異、行動詭秘的弗林特,使讀者以為這個神秘人是小說主角。