Oh, Liz, stay here.
噢,麗思,站住
You do smell, you know? Doesn't your mother tell you that you gonna .
你身上真的有味道,知道嗎。你媽媽沒告訴你嗎
NO NO It's my fault. I just forget.
不,不,那是我的錯,我只是忘記洗澡了
OK.Well, when you have shower tonight, you wanna, you wanna wash back here ?
好.今晚洗澡,你想在這洗嗎?
Ah, I've been saving some things for you. there
額,我保存了你的一些東西. 看
and here. How did you do that? You're never in school.
還有這,你是怎么做到的?你從來沒上過學
I read a lot.
我讀過很多書
Yeah? what do you read?
你讀過哪些?
encyclopedia. The laddy upstairs, Eva, she find it in the Dumpster, the whole set ...
像大百科全書,是我的鄰居伊娃在垃圾桶里撿到的一整套,
well, except for the Erdos
除了“厄爾多斯”那部分
If you asked me about Erdos, I would have got it wrong. I was just lucky.
如果你問我“厄爾多斯”,我肯定答不上來,我只是運氣好罷了
Oh, Lizzy! You have to come to school.
哦,麗思,你一定要來學校
NO, I mean it. Look, it's ridiculous you're way too smart not to be here.
不,我是認真的。你比你想象的要聰明。
I don't understand why don't you come?
我只是不明白你為什么不上學
OK .I will.
好.我會來的
How could I tell her that school made me sad.
我怎能告訴她學校讓我難過
I didn't know how to talk to her. I didn't know how to talk to anyone.
我不知道怎樣和她說,我不知道怎么和別人說
My house wasn't a place you could come out of and be normal.
我的家庭不是那種能出正常人的地方
We have to come every day. OK?
你必須每天來。
If you don't, and I will call CHILD WELFARE.That's not a threat. It's a promise.
如果你不來,我會打電話給福利院。這不是嚇唬你,是承諾