Chapter 5 I go to Bristol
第5章 我去布里斯托爾
Dr Livesey went to London,to find another doctor to look after his patients while he was away.
李甫西大夫去倫敦了,他去找人在他不在期間為他照看他的病人。
I waited at his home with Tom Redruth.
我和湯姆·雷德拉斯在他家等他。
Weeks passed, and I spent many hours studying Flint's map and dreaming of treasure.
時間過去了幾周,我用了很多時間研究弗林特的藏寶圖,有時夢想著得到那些寶藏。
Then a letter arrived, addressed to Dr Livesey‘or Jim Hawkins ,if the doctor is away:
不久我們收到一封寄給李甫西大夫的信。上面寫著:如果大夫不在,請交吉姆·霍金斯。
Old Anchor lnn, Bristol
布里斯托爾老錨旅館
1st March 17-
17—年3月1日
Dear Livesey,
親愛的李甫西:
I do not know whether you are at home or in London, so Iam sending copies of this letter to both places.
我不知道你是在倫敦還是回到了家里,所以我把這封信一式兩份寄到兩個地方。
The ship is bought and ready for sea.
船巳購妥并裝備好,正待出海。
You never saw a bet-ter ship—and with the name Hispaniola.
你無法想像比這更出色的帆船了—我們叫她伊斯帕尼奧拉號。
I got her through my old friend, Blandly, who, with everyone in Bristol, worked hard to find me a suitable ship when they heard the reason for our voyage-treasure ,I mean.
我是通過我的老朋友布蘭德利搞到這條船的。在布里斯托爾,我們發掘寶藏的消息一傳開,大家都樂于為我們效勞。
關于《金銀島》
該島位于距哥斯達黎加海岸300英里的海中,曾是17世紀海盜的休息站。