What were they looking for Hawkins?asked Mr Dance.
他們想找什么呢,霍金斯?丹斯先生問道。
They got the money from the chest,I said,
他們從水手箱里拿走了錢,我說,
but I think I have what they wanted most.
但我有他們想要的東西。
I'd like to get it to a safe place. I thought, perhaps, Dr Livesey…
我希望把它放到一個穩妥的地方。我想,也許,李甫西大夫……
Quite right, said Mr Dance.
對,說得對,丹斯先生說。
Hes the local judge, and I ought to report Pews death to him or Squire Trelawney.
李甫西大夫是本地的治安推事,我應該向他或是鄉紳屈利勞尼報告皮尤的事。
I'll take you with me to his house.
我帶你一起去。
Dr Livesey was not at his house but with the squire at his home,so Captain Dance and I went on there.
李甫西大夫不在家,據說他和鄉紳在一起。于是我和丹斯先生去鄉紳家。
I had never seen Squire Trelawney so near.
我從來沒這么近打量過鄉紳屈利勞尼。
He was a big tall man, with a red face, and was sitting beside a fire with Dr Livesey.
他個子很高,暗紅色的臉,和李甫西大夫坐在火爐旁邊。
Come in, Mr Dance,he said.
進來,丹斯先生,他說。
Mr Dance gave his report and both men listened with deep interest.
丹斯先生報告了剛才發生的事,那兩個人聽得津津有味。

關于《金銀島》
可以這么說:如果說中國的孩子是看著《西游記》長大的,那么美國的孩子就是看著《金銀島》長大的。