Chapter 4 The sea-chest
Chapter 4 水手箱
On the floor close to the captains hand was a little round piece of paper, blackened on one side.
老船長手邊的地上有一小片圓的硬紙,一面涂著黑色。
I had no doubt that this was the black spot.
我相信這就是所謂的黑券。
On the other side was some writ- ing: You have till ten oclock tonight.
黑券的另一面寫著:今晚10點以前答復。
Our old clock reminded me it was now six.
墻上的老鐘剛好敲了6下,告訴我現在6點鐘了。
Quickly, I told my mother everything, and we decided to run to the village to hide, before the blind man and his friends re-turned.
我立即把一切都告訴了母親,我們決定在瞎子和他的人回來之前逃到村子里躲起來。
But first,my mother said bravely, we have to get the key to the sea-chest.
但是首先,我母親勇敢地說,我們必須找到水手箱的鑰匙,
Why shouldnt we take the money the captain owes us?
干嘛不把老船長欠的錢找回來呢?
His friends certainly won t give it to us!
他的朋友肯定不會給我們的!
The key was around his neck on a piece of string.
水手箱的鑰匙套在老船長的脖子上,
I cut the string, and we hurried up to his room where the chest had stood since the day he came.
我割斷繩子,取下鑰匙,趕緊到他房間去。從他來住店的那一天起,他的箱子一直放在那里。
There was a letter B painted on the top of it.
他的水手箱頂部涂著一個字母B,
Inside were two very fine pistols, some silver, pipe-tobacco ,and an old clock.
里面有兩把精制的手槍,一些銀錠,一些煙草,一只老式表。
Underneath these things were some papers tied up inside a cloth, and a bag of gold coins.
這些東西下面還有卷在布里的幾頁紙和一袋金幣。
關于《金銀島》
不僅發生了足以讓人喪命的瘧疾病亂,還曾經發生海盜們群體叛亂的恐怖事件。