I hear a young voice, he said.
我聽見一個少年的聲音,他說。
Will you give me your hand, my kind young friend ,and take me inside?
好心的孩子,你能不能把手伸給我,帶我到店里去?
I held out my hand, and the terrible,
我伸出一只手,立
soft-speaking ,eyeless man took hold of it like a dog biting a bone.
刻被那個說話溫和的瞎子緊緊鉗住,
He pulled me vio-lently towards him.
他把我粗暴地拉到他身邊。
Now ,boy,he said,take me to the captain or I'll break your arm!
現在,孩子,他說,領我到老船長那兒,否則我就弄斷你的胳膊。
And I had never heard a voice so cruel and cold.
我還從來沒聽見過這么冷酷、狠毒的聲音。
I was so frightened by the blind man's violence that I obeyed him without question,
我怕得要死,只好立刻從命,
and took, him into the room where the sick captain was sitting.
帶他到生病的老船長住的房間去。
He saw the blind man and a look of fear passed across his face.
老船長看見了瞎子,臉上充滿了恐懼。